BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Come What May and Love It

Toward the end of my mission, I do not think I properly understood what life would be like as I transitioned from that phase of life into regular living. It has been frustrating at times as I've struggled to get back into the mix of things, however I've found great peace in my little struggles to simply say to myself- "Come what may and love it!"

We all have trials. We all have difficulties. We all have challenges. We all have bad days. BUT, we all have the very same capacity to laugh, to appreciate, to love, to grow. I struggled with this positive mentality a lot before the mission, but now, as I put forth the effort to see the positive in all things, I find greater happiness in all things.

Once I recognize a trial, struggle, etc., I have found it to be very helpful to put it into the eternal perspective. That causes me to re-teach myself that I came into mortality for the purpose of being tested and gaining knowledge and character along the way. It becomes far more palatable when you realize that we are here to improve ourselves. At times, we even need to be stretched to our limits by the things which have been allotted unto us. How can we improve if life is just a simple meandering through the meadow? If we haven't been to the desert, how could we possibly appreciate the meadow?











0 comments: